Menu

How do you sharpen crayons?

My kids hate dull crayons and, really, who can blame them?? Dick Blick has an electric crayon sharpen that is $50 and I'm sooo tempted but I could buy a lot of new crayons for $50. Do you sharpen crayons or just toss and start fresh?

My kids hate dull crayons and, really, who can blame them?? Dick Blick has an electric crayon sharpen that is $50 and I'm sooo tempted but I could buy a lot of new crayons for $50. Do you sharpen crayons or just toss and start fresh?

I use a cheap lip liner sharpener. Lipliners are waxy-ish, the sharpeners are cleanable.

I've had crayons get stuck in the electric sharpeners. The last time I had to take the whole thing apart to get it out. Just pick up a few of those cheap hand held plastic pencil sharpeners and keep them in w/your crayons. They do an adequate job, are easy to clean and if crayons get stuck inside and you can't clean it out...you haven't lost much. Staples usually has them on sale around this time.