Menu

Dr. Hive: bumps, just like 'goose bumps,' all over dd, no redness, no itching

katilac

dd has these weird persistent bumps ALL OVER her tummy/torso. Somewhat on her arms as well. No redness. It really looks exactly like your arms do when you get severe goose bumps, but they don't go away. It also looks like my hives right before they really get going, but she says they have been there, and they do not itch and do not turn red.

So, not causing a problem, really, but kind of worrying mom. What the heck is it?

Edited to add that the skin doesn't seem dry.

Just wanted to say my son has the same thing...milia is what I found although it is typical in babies its what his looks like.  I think it is heat rash related.  It doesn't really seem to bother him either so I am just keeping an eye on it.

dd has these weird persistent bumps ALL OVER her tummy/torso. Somewhat on her arms as well. No redness. It really looks exactly like your arms do when you get severe goose bumps, but they don't go away. It also looks like my hives right before they really get going, but she says they have been there, and they do not itch and do not turn red.

So, not causing a problem, really, but kind of worrying mom. What the heck is it?

Edited to add that the skin doesn't seem dry.

How long has it been going on? Have you been using anything new on her skin, or anything daily on her skin? Both my DDs break out in something like that when I use any kind of natural sunscreen on them--I've tried 6-7 different kinds, and it happens every time. It doesn't itch or bother them, but it looks exactly like goosebumps, and the reaction lasts a few days whenever it happens. It could also be from something she's eaten as well. 

My youngest does have eczema too, and it looks similar, but the bumps are noticeably larger than goosebumps, and they're not in large patches, but smaller ones around her wrists typically. They don't get red and aren't always itchy, but they're always bumpy.

She's had it on and off before, but always much smaller, milder, and more short-lived. So, it would usually take me a minute of angling my head to see it when she pointed it out, and I'd be all, "eh, lmk if it gets worse." She showed me this time, and it was more, "omigosh, do you need benadryl??"

I'm pretty sure nothing new on the skin. We all get hives easily, so we're on our toes about that most of the time. We're going swimming today, so I'll see if it changes in any way.

I appreciate all of the ideas and input!