What's with the ads?

#1 thenichols

thenichols

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm so happy to have time in our schedule to teach art formally. I love art history & all love art.
What has been easy & works for you, that all the kids can do.

#2 twinmami01

twinmami01

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

:bigear:

I was really torn between these two. I went ahead and ordered Artistic Pursuits because I would like for them to work individually.

#3 sagira

sagira

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5392 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm using Artistic Pursuits Book 2 K-3 this fall with both ds9 and dd5. Ds is not particularly interested in art, and dd loves it, so I'm hoping some will rub off on ds. Dd is also at the same artistic level as ds.

#4 thegirlwhopaintedtrees

thegirlwhopaintedtrees

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

I've used both and my personal preference is Meet the Masters. Lots more art appreciation (ie, you get to see more of the artist's work and get to know an artist in greater depth) and better projects (I find Artistic Pursuits - I have Book 1 - to have very open ended projects - which is great, but I wanted something that taught a bit more about the elements of art). However, if you want chronological art history, Artistic Pursuits is better. My kids like both. Another option might be Home Art Studio. It's only $24.95 per video. My kids love that one the best.

#5 Jess4879

Jess4879

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

I have never used Meet the Masters, so I can't comment on that one. We love Artistic Pursuits though. I used K-3 Book 1 with my then 5 & 8 year old and they both did well with it. I liked that I could just teach the one lesson and have them both complete a project.

#6 thenichols

thenichols

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thanks, I'm still confused. I think we will use Draw write now, for a couple weeks until I decide. :tongue_smilie:

#7 staceyobu

staceyobu

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2287 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

I've been debating what to do for art this year. I'd really like to do something formal with them. I liked the look of meet the masters the best, but the reviews of art stuff are so mixed...

What's with the ads?