Menu

Has anyone done the AP or high school courses through the Monterey Institute? They have a general US History I that covers 2 semesters and the AP History I that covers two semesters.

When or what age would a child do the best with this type of course. Thanks, Char

PS I remember years ago, when I was in HS that that course was one of the hardest there is, due to the memorization and the wide scale of topics/time.

Someone posted a link to this site yesterday. While the AP World History (not AP American) is one of the actual teacher's course materials, the AP American links and the American history page are still a great resource.

http://www.mrhubbshistory.com/AP__American_History.html

(I have looked at the NROC pages before and I have wondered if they are enough prep. I haven't had a child take a history AP, so hopefully someone else will chime in that actually knows something.)

Thank you for that input, I am not entirely certain, that we arhttp://forums.welltrainedmind.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=4095261e ready for the whole schmole. I would thinking taking the exam immediately after the course would be the best. Developmentally and theoretically speaking, we aren't anywhere close to attack it at 9th grade and if we did. It would be a major focus and one I would spread out from early years to 1900s and there to modern time.

Thank you for your time and I will certainly read more about it. We are planning US history 2 years, world history and then AM Gov & Econ the last year.

Sincerely,

Char

No. But we are going to be using their US Govt and Politics this year in conjunction with some other election studies. Figure we'll do the history next year (lot of overlap).

We're also going to be using their biology for AP in conjunction with some other stuff.