Menu

Are you able to share Rosetta Stone with a friend?

Guest knoxville255

We're using a copy bought through our charter school and used by another student before it was passed to us. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. It's a standard homeschool edition.

We have a local used bookstore that sells old software. I bought an old Rosetta Stone product from them once, and recently bought an old version of Adobe Creative Suite. There must be some sort of way to legally sell used products -- this is a major used bookstore and Adobe's headquarters is nearby, so if it were illegal it would have been stopped by now (they've had used Adobe products on their shelves for the past 8 years). But I'd definitely be careful, and only use a product that I knew I had the rights to.

Good luck!

Well how would they know if I just let my wife use it upstairs and not my friend? Do they track it?

That's a completely different question from "sharing" software :) Sharing software usually has different connotations. ;)

If someone comes to your house and uses it on your computer, that's not the same issue at all. That is permitted. There is some tracking of progress per user and you can only create 5 users per license.

and welcome along to the forum, by the way :)

-crystal

We're using a copy bought through our charter school and used by another student before it was passed to us. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. It's a standard homeschool edition.

I think that Level 2 didn't have the same issues/license agreement as Level 3 (current version). The license does state that resale is not permitted.

They also only allow installation twice (I think). I'm not sure you could have it on multiple computers at the same house even....

They also only allow installation twice (I think). I'm not sure you could have it on multiple computers at the same house even....

They told me you could install it on two computers (for example if you have multiple kids using it in your household and want to grant them access at the same time). Their intent is of course that the two computers be in the same household.