Menu

Blogger ?? Where do you get all those great headers??

I wondered about that too when I first started blogging. I noticed at some of the blogs I liked a note in the side bars about who designed them...so I hired one of them to do mine. I had Suzie at bluebird blogs design mine, it was not as expensive as I was afraid it would be. I have a button for her on my sidebar, if you look around at other blogs you will see some buttons for other people who design. Some people are very clever and figure out how to make a header themselves, but I am hopelessly computer challenged.

Hi Daisy

A lot of people have Photoshop so that they can resize pictures to work as a header, or make collages etc... I just got Photoshop for Christmas, but haven't had time to play around with it yet.

I haven't had a great way to resize pictures in the past, but I've figured out ways of changing headers. When I started my blogger blog, I googled "free blogger templates" and searched through pages until I found a basic one that would allow me to tweak it and add my own pictures. I have a flickr account which offers assorted sizes of each picture. With my current header, I found a picture that my son took while climbing a mountain that had a mountain range in the distance. I chose the large size available from flickr and when I pasted the html in my template, the distant mountain range showed up right where I wanted it in the header window. Sometimes with other pictures, I've had to use a very basic photo editor to crop a segment out of a picture that I want to show up.

With your blog template, you could try a larger version of your picture. (You could sign up for a free acct. at flickr.com to get different sizes. Photobucket would probably work too.) I'm not sure though, that your template header would cut off the excess the way mine does. With yours it looks like the picture might be superimposed over the present template, whereas my picture shows up behind my header window.

I don't know if this is helpful. I have learned about tweaking my template mainly by trial-and-error and playing with the html.