Menu

What is an air-castle?

We're reading Farmer Boy, and there is a reference to an air-castle that is hanging over a table made out of wheat straws. My DD and I can't picture it, so I tried to look it up in the dictionary and on the internet. I've had no luck whatsoever getting a description, much less a picture. Help us out if you can.

Thanks,

Cindy

The Little HOuse Crafts Book has directions for one--I think you just use straw and glue individual straws together to make a house shape--open squares, etc, and then hang it up so it turns a little when it catches the air.

Apparently "My Little House Crafts Book" has directions on how to make Alice's Air Castle. Unfortunately my library doesn't carry a copy because I was going to put a hold on it!:crying:

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try to check out that book from the library this week. The description is very helpful. DD understood when I passed on your description. Now she wants to try to make one.

Cindy