Menu

"Cheat" sheets and geometry

My son is currently working through TT Geometry. He has dyslexia, which makes it extremely difficult for him to memorize things. Do any of you let your students use a list of postulates/definitions/theorems when taking geometry tests? If not, how have your students approached the task? Flashcards? Much if it doesn't seem to lend itself to flashcards.

Thanks!

When I was in high school we were allowed to use one standard size playing card for major math and science tests. Thinking back it is really funny. It required even more care than an index card.

First you had to use white-out because the cards were glossy and usually had something printed on them. Then you had to write with ink in order write over the white-out. And it is much harder to write small over white-out than on an index card. So you really couldn't get much information on it. Once you made a mistake you would usually have to white-out the whole card and start over. I probably spent several hours working on each card - much more time than I would have spent studying if I wasn't allowed any sort of cheat sheet. :D