Menu

Map Question ...

My dd is 3 1/2 and is very interested in maps ... where we live, where Grandma lives, etc. I think this would be a great opportunity to introduce her to geography - both US and World. I am looking for wall maps that would be good for her. What do you recommend? Where do you purchase your maps? Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks again for all your help!

My oldest has always loved maps too! I got my maps at Barnes & Noble. It was a set thta came with a world map and a US map, and they're laminated. Well worth whatever it cost years and years ago, they've been very well used!

Now, granted we live on a small island, but I've made an enlarged map of our town including places we go to regularly along with the streets and then laminated it piece by piece. The kids love driving their cars from the house to church to the store, to their friend's houses, etc...

Walmart has laminated placemat maps. I have had a couple of kids who really loved geography. I have two books for really young children called Around and About Our Globe, Our World and Around and About Maps and Journeys. They are geography and maps done in story form with a boy named Harry and his dog Ralph traveling around.

Walmart has laminated placemat maps.
:iagree:YES! I forgot that! We still have them in our cupboard. We got World maps, US maps, letters, numbers and Presidents on the placemats from Walmart. They were all well-used! In fact, we had to get another President placemat, because we just had one, but the boys started fighting over it! :tongue_smilie: Once they both had one, they started quizzing each other, and learned sooo much about the Presidents just from a 99cent placemat! Then they quizzed each other on capitals and countries and all sorts of things! That's the best 99 cents (about 5x) we've ever spent! :lol: