Menu

Anyone have experience selling used books at a convention?

I am trying to decide if I want to sell my books/used curriculum at the upcoming HEAV convention...just wondering if anyone has had any success selling at conventions? is it worth the time and effort? HEAV has a barcode system so it will take quite a bit of time on my part to type everything it, print out labels, attach, etc... not to mention, lugging all the books to the convention and then possibly lugging then back home if they don't sell.

What's your experience? Thanks so much!

I sold for the first time at GHEA last weekend and it was worthwhile for me.

Since I didn't know what to expect, I didn't take all I had to sell, but now I wish I had.

I did price my stuff low so came back with very little.

Better than that, I found tons of deals!

Makes me wish GHEA would do their used book sale twice a year.:001_smile:

I have done this when we lived in VA. It was a significant pain, but I did sell a lot of stuff. You have the option of donating your books at the end of the sale if you don't want to lug them home. I tended to do this with things I was quite certain would sell--carefully chosen, in other words. You do need to be very careful and follow their process EXACTLY, and you need to arrive plenty early to check your things in.