Menu

I've got a new crock-pot..Now what?

My MIL gave me a crock-pot a few years ago, that could hold about one pork chop and two potatoes.

I finally have just around to getting a bigger crock-pot and I don't know what to cook in it.

It does come with a small recipe book with it, but I would like some more ideas.

I do have one question about the pot roast recipe it came with. It says to put the potatoes, onion, carrots and celery in. Place the meat on top place the mushrooms on top of it. Cook for 10 hrs and your done. It doesn't mention anything about adding liquid. Is this correct? Will there be enough liquid from the veg and meat?

Your pot roast recipe sound just like the one I use, (except the mushrooms). I add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water depending on the size of the meat. I also add salt (1/2-1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 - 1/2 tsp).

For more ideas my favorite website is allrecipes.com. Search on slow cooker and sort the results by ratings. I read the reviews first because they have great suggestions. Their chicken chili and the whole chicken recipes are our family favorites. The crock pot is also great for soups.

Hope you enjoy your new crock pot.