Menu

Keeping bacon warm Mother's Day brunch

Dh has volunteered us to provide bacon for a Mother's Day brunch this Sunday morning. It is at 9:00 a.m. and a kitchen and outdoor gas grills will be available. So, do I cook it up then put it in the oven on low to keep it warm? How do I cook enough bacon for a crowd anyway? Oven cook it? Put foil on the grill and cook it there (that way the bacon smell will be outside, not inside). Can I cook it then put it in a crockpot to keep warm?

This one is stumping me

What I have done in the past, when we're going to have lots of people here for breakfast, is pre-cook it in the microwave the night before until it's almost done. Actually, it is done, just not as done as we like it. Stick it in the fridge. Then the next morning, I just take out the mass quantity of cooked bacon, wrap it in foil, and stick it in the oven at about 250-300 (depends on how much time you have) to reheat. It is not necessary to wrap it in the foil, you could just put it in a pan.

HTH

Edited by Peggy in Va
clarification

Bacon cooks very nicely in the oven. You lay it out on baking sheets and bake..time, I dont' remember, but I am sure you could find that online. the next day I would put in a roaster to rewarm.

Another thought..do you have a Costco membership? They have a large package of precooked bacon that when compared to uncooked is really a good buy and the work is done for you! I counted slices and figured the large precooked was equal to almost 4 pounds of uncooked bacon. It only takes a few minutes on a grill or just seconds in the microwave to reheat it.