Menu

Need advice from Apologia Science users re: scheduling...

Okay, as I said, I'm planning ahead. My dd will be in 7th next year (not inclined toward the sciences) and my oldest ds in 5th (a very science-oriented kid). I was planning Apol. Gen. for her next year but I am rethinking my plan for the purpose of combining dd and ds in General in 2 years. My questions: 1. Could I let 7th gr. dd do Apol. Astronomy and Earth Science w/ my younger children next year (just require more challenging work), move into Apol. General in 8th, Physical in 9th, Biology in 10th, Chem. in 11th and an advanced Science in 12th (Physics, Adv. Bio or Chem, etc.) w/out it messing her up academically somehow? This way, my ds could do Apol. Gen with dd when he is in 6th, Physical when he's in 7th and go from there. My other line of thinking is to have dd SKIP General or Physical so she'd be on track for Biology in 9th. If she did skip, WHICH one would YOU skip...General or Physical? TIA for your thoughts and recommendations. BTW...I have soon to be 7 dc so combining subjects anywhere I can is a real sanity-saver for me!

I can't help with the Elementary Apologia books, but I am using the same schedule you are thinking about with my dd13. She's in 8th this year and doing General Science. I really feel that this dd needed an extra year before beginning this course. She was not ready for it in 7th. It was a big jump for her but now she's cruising through and I'm glad I waited.

HTH

Angel