Menu

Handwriting paper for 3rd grade?

TN Mama

So... how do I figure out what size the lines should be on my daughter's handwriting paper for next year? When do they start using regular wide-rule notebook paper?

I've been wondering, tried to find an answer and am stumped. I know someone here has to have an answer. Thanks!

Mine went to ps this year, and they used regular notebook paper. I was surprised, actually, because I thought they'd get one more year to practice. They learned cursive--and they did use handwriting paper for that, but are expected to use their cursive knowledge (on spelling words, projects, etc.) and use just regular paper. Thank goodness, her handwriting tends to be neat, anyway.

What works really well for my 3rd grader is college rule paper that he uses a double line to write on. He also uses just regular notebook paper, or just the bottom half of the wide double line handwriting paper.

His writing is worse with the big spaces.

What works really well for my 3rd grader is college rule paper that he uses a double line to write on. He also uses just regular notebook paper, or just the bottom half of the wide double line handwriting paper.

His writing is worse with the big spaces.

Great idea! I think I'll give that a try with my 10 y.o. dd. She struggles so much when writing. Even though it's completely legible, she just has a hard time of it and I wonder if 'space' is maybe part of the problem.

ETA: I had all of my dd start using wide ruled paper in the thrid grade.

Sheri :)

Mom to 3 super daughters

Edited by SLH in ND
adding another point