Menu

Suggestions?

Its probably being at home with the kids falling sick like dominoes, and not feeling wonderful myself physically, but I just feel like crying. No real reason for it...I mean, no bad news, nothing tragic has occurred or anything like that, just this lump in my throat and tears in the back of my eyes.

Bah.

I'm chalking it up to stress, and hoping to sleep in tomorrow. Sound like a reasonable solution? Any other suggestions? Keep in mind, no cash flow for extras, so going out isn't an option, even though I'd dearly love some alone time with the hubby. Also, I have RSD, which means physical activity is out (severe chronic pain, about 10-20% use of my rt arm/hand).

How about a hot shower/bath? An afternoon family movie time? Break out the art stuff, or the play-doh for a change of pace (you included). Go outside for 15 minutes (or longer if you have time). Turn on the radio and dance (or sit back and get lost in it). Pull out an old photo album and travel through old memories. Declare family hug time.

If these don't work for you - think of something that gives you joy, and see if it is something you can do today.

:grouphug:

Thanks for the suggestions (and keep them coming!) and the prayers. Much appreciated.

We have to head to the Drs yet this afternoon, so napping is out, even if I could convince them all to go for it, lol! Tazzie's feeling better now that the antibiotics have kicked in for his tonsillitis, so he's bouncing around...its Princess that's the limp rag on the couch.

I figure dh will get home while we're still at the Drs. By the time we get back, I may just hand the kids off to him and head to bed. :sleep:

I've been feeling a little of this lately too. After a comment my son made to me two days ago, something along the lines of me not wanting to see them when we are home and I am always upset:tongue_smilie:. Anyway, I decided we needed a break. Yesterday we took the kids to the art museum, free admission, although it sounds like you guys are ill. Last night we pretended to go to the theater with popcorn and treats. I put a special note on each of their pillows. Today we broke out the tissue paper and pipe cleaners for May Day basket flowers. After that we played games and had a luncheon on special dishes.

Sounds like it's time to shut the world out and focus on your little family. Take a little time for yourself too. Grab a cup of tea, take a hot bath, read a good book.

:grouphug:

First, hugs to you :grouphug:. It also sounds like a mild case of depression. Try going outside today (I do hope you have better weather than what we're experiencing in the NE) and watch the foods you're eating. I know certain foods (for me - high sugar foods) brings on my mood swings. Hang in there! Try to rent an old comedy to uplift your spirits! :001_smile: