Menu

Welcome to the aPORKalypse

I was surprised to note lots of half-empty shelves at the grocery store today . . . the kind of thing I normally only see when there is a hurricane.

Anyone else notice this? Do you think people are panic buying? Or what?

I stocked up on Sunday. The shelves were full then. I'm not shocked. I don't really want to go for a while either.

Jo

Yeah, my area is somewhat of a panic zone. If an inch of snow is expected, all of the milk is gone out of the supermarket by early afternoon.

I'm not freaking out. But I have suddenly lost my desire to go to a crowded supermarket or mall, and staying home seems like a really good idea.

This whole thing is sort of weird. For months now we've been losing stores and businesses, and driving around it looks like a semi-ghost town ... now this. It's like someone pressed the slow-motion button.

I was surprised to note lots of half-empty shelves at the grocery store today . . . the kind of thing I normally only see when there is a hurricane.

Anyone else notice this? Do you think people are panic buying? Or what?

Panic buying- maybe a little. Since the schools have closed and all community events have been cancelled, including most church services now, too. I sent dh to the store this morning to make sure we had groceries for the week. I'm not into the paranoia, but I was worried that the stores would close for a few days, and we would have empty shelves here! I'm more afraid of hungry kids than the flu! :lol:

By your screen name, I gather you are in Texas. Yep. I would say you have LOTS of panic buying.

Us, we stock up all the time. Each time we go to the grocery store, we guy 24 cans of something or all the meat that is on sale and freeze it. We have a freezer full of meat, a closet full of canned goods, flour, etc.

But, would you believe it, we are out of EGGS. :( I will probably end up with pig flu trying to get chicken eggs. Ahhhh the irony.