Menu

Any sewers out there? A quick ??

Well, I've waited until the last possible minute to finish my son's costume for the play he's in and now I have a question... What is interfacing? I need to put it in the middle of the two pieces of fabric for the neck so I'm thinking it's some kind of stiff material so the neck stands up? If so, can I use a stiff piece of fabric instead? This is a costume, after all, and will only be worn a handful of times, so if I can avoid a visit to Joanns at this time of night, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Signed...

Procrastinating Sewer,

PAM

Well, I've waited until the last possible minute to finish my son's costume for the play he's in and now I have a question... What is interfacing? I need to put it in the middle of the two pieces of fabric for the neck so I'm thinking it's some kind of stiff material so the neck stands up? If so, can I use a stiff piece of fabric instead? This is a costume, after all, and will only be worn a handful of times, so if I can avoid a visit to Joanns at this time of night, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Signed...

Procrastinating Sewer,

PAM

Sure, you can use any thin, stiff fabric. It's just to reinforce.

My initial mental response was "Yes, in most municipaities, but some people still have private well and septic." :D

Yes, interfacing adds body. Does it say the weight of interfacing? What kind of fabric is the costume? What sort of collar is it?

You can probably do fine with a piece of stiffer fabric for a costume. It is, as you said, a costume after all.