Menu

Anyone in the mood for a fresh Roll Call?

Well...

My signature is pretty self-explanatory, but I am Melinda and I have 3 children.

We are in a town of about 5,000 people, but are in a convenient location.

I signed up on the old board when Jared was a baby, but didn't say much.

We signed the two older kids up for the early childhood development pre-k at the local high school, where they stayed until Christmas. I pulled them out when I heard about how the teacher would refer to my daughter and another girl with the same name as "the good Hannah and the bad Hannah". Guess which one we have? She didn't do it in front of the kids, but still...that, among other things that occurred with that teacher, and they were gone. I'm sure other people have had great experiences there, we just didn't.

So we brought the kids home.

We have switched around a *lot* in the last year and a few months, but I think we have finally landed on some things that work for us (at least for now).

We are concentrating on developing reading and math skills right now, but in the fall we will be doing a full schedule.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hubby and I have been married for 9 years, and together for 10 years as of tomorrow! We have 3 children, ages 8, 6, and 2. We've been homeschooling since the beginning (none of them have ever gone to public school.)

I found out about the WTM from finding the old WTM boards about 4 years ago (was searching the web for homeschool related stuff and found it...been reading the boards ever since!) At that time I was momtolg...we since had our toddler and I added the d! We are still finding our way on what works best for us, but I very much appreciate all the advice that is posted on this board!

We are on an educational journey, and loving it all the way (even when it's tough!) :001_smile: