Menu

Vision Forum Henty Reprints

A continuation of the closed thread with the original question. I am not looking to debate the value of the author, I have already made that call myself.

I am thinking about a large purchase of Hentys and want to know if any posters have a recent copy by VF. What is the binding like? Is it the padded cover that publishers of children's books sometimes use or the more traditional cloth or paper cover.

-pqr

A continuation of the closed thread with the original question. I am not looking to debate the value of the author, I have already made that call myself.

I am thinking about a large purchase of Hentys and want to know if any posters have a recent copy by VF. What is the binding like? Is it the padded cover that publishers of children's books sometimes use or the more traditional cloth or paper cover.

-pqr

I do not believe the VF ones are padded. I think they are like the Lamplighter books. Have you seen those? They are just nicely decorated. You might consider calling them and asking. I have found the less expensive ones to be just fine, but I will say that the ones I like the best are from Lost Classics Books. Here is a link to the set they offer. They don't sell them all. They add vocabulary and definitions to the back.

The site is a bit clunky, but if you scroll down on the left in the Historical Fiction section (after going to the Home page) you can look at each one up close. I have For the Temple and it has held up well for many years and is put together nicely. I also like to listen to them on CD/MP3. If you are interested in that format there are several companies that do that well. :D

ETA: This site also sells many Henty books for very good prices.