Menu

Ever wonder what happens if you "lose" TOG DE?

Wendy in ME

I was trying to get everything together for next week this morning and my TOG was no where to be found. After a moment of panic, I tried to call the customer service department only to find out that they do not open until 10 am and it was only 9:30. I am not a patient person but I was skeptical of the online chat support but I gave it a try. In a matter of minutes Ray was on my computer fixing everything! I am now up and running again. I must admit that I was nervous about having such an expensive curriculum just on my computer but everything turned out great. I just thought my experience might help to ease someone else's anxiety about DE.:001_smile:

I've managed to get the printed copies thus far, but for the 2010-2011 school year, when we do year 4, I'll have to go DE.

I plan to either pay to have them print it, or have it printed out myself. I'm a hard copy kind of person, and I do a lot of hopping up to check what week such-and-such book is in, or what writing assignment is in week so-and-so. I would hate to have to fire up the computer every time I wanted to glance at something. And since my burning questions seem to occur outside of normal business hours during a long holiday weekend, I would probably be out of luck if something went wrong.

The fact that I'm sticking with them even after they go DE speaks volumes about how happy I am with TOG. I usually avoid these types of curricula (like Lively Latin, for example) like the plague.

I'm glad you got good customer service. I always have when I've called them. :)

given all the troubles at TOG, suppose I get the DE, and then they go out of business, and THEN my computer crashes:glare:. I really don't want to pay to print it out "just in case."

I've had my eye on TOG for so long though, and nothing else does what I want for the upper levels, so I suppose I'll have to take that chance. Like others, I just really wish they had gone a little less expensive for the DE so it would leave some leeway expense-wise for printing it out!

(This is not to be critical of TOG-I think they've done really well with keeping things going and being up front about things. But the economy is beyond their control....)

given all the troubles at TOG, suppose I get the DE, and then they go out of business, and THEN my computer crashes:glare:. I really don't want to pay to print it out "just in case."

Someone asked this on the TOG forum about a week ago, but there has been no response to it yet. The TOG staff has always been very quick to answer questions, but not this one.

Now see, I was feeling really good about my experience this morning but I never even thought about what would happen if the entire company went under. I consider one of the greatest advantages of TOG to be the fact that it can be used several times at all different levels.