Menu

Question about Usborne books

mom2jjka

I am looking at books for our MFW package and I see that there are a couple of different Usborne books for the Medieval era.

There is an 'internet-linked one, and just a regular one...

Does anyone know if they have the same text (minus the internet links?)

Thank you,

Michelle

As far as I can tell, the only Medieval World books that we have in print are Internet-Linked. Some resellers may have stock of the old, out of print title from before it was revised. I am not sure about the content because I have not seen the older books in several years, but I think they were similar in content, but most revisions do change content a little. If you have an older copy and you don't want to buy the newer one, then you could probably use it. However, the page numbers might not match up exactly.

How's that for a wishy-washy answer?

If you have an older copy and you don't want to buy the newer one, then you could probably use it. However, the page numbers might not match up exactly.

That is exactly what I was wondering. ;)

(Maybe I'll try to see if my library has both so I can compare...)

Thank you very much for your help!

Blessings,

Michelle

We've enjoyed the internet-linked Usborne ones we've gotten this year. They seem to be doing a good job keeping links current.

I did find that our Pocket Nature book is made up of several other titles ... one of which we also have in the old version, non-linked. The content looked nearly identical (it was the Butterflies & Moths one), except the newer one had brighter pictures.

The internet-linked human body one we've used this year was doubly great ... several of the images were downloadable for coloring or notebooking, besides the activity links.