Menu

Can you name this Bible fiction book?

I read a book years ago set during the reign of King Ahab. The main characters were one of Ahab's soldiers and an attendant of Jezebel's. The book covered the events around Elijah and Elisha.

It would have been published before 1975. I read it in hardback.

Anyone have a clue what this book is?

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)
Clarity

I read a book years ago set during the reign of King Ahab. The main characters were one of Ahab's soldiers and an attendant of Jezebel's. The book covered the events around Elijah and Elisha.

Bump

Do you remember if it was juvenile fiction or adult fiction?

Do you remember if it was juvenile fiction or adult fiction?

It was an adult book, but as you might expect from a book from the 70s or earlier, it was very mild.

I'm having little luck trying to google the main characters because it is too general of a search. And I don't know enough specifics to try amazon or abebooks.

You know, my parents have college accounting books and other hopelessly out of date stuff gathering dust on their shelves. You'd think they'd still have this book too. But no joy.

I just started reading Gods and Kings Chronicles Series by Lynn Austin. I know they have just been reprinted and some even retitled since they went to a new publisher. Book 1 is Gods and Kings and it starts with King Joab I believe and Hezekiah. Sound familiar?

I looked through the King Ahab results on Amazon to no avail. I even looked through all the Thomas Costain entries because the book reminds me a little of The Silver Chalice. I think the book I'm looking for is from the same era as Costain's work, or at least was being published at the same time as many of his books, because the cover styles and jacket art look similar in style to what I remember. It might be a Frank Slaughter, except I remember it being more Christian than the few Slaughter books I've read (The Deadly Lady of Madagascar would not be at home in a church library:svengo:)

Well, if I haunt enough book sales and used book stores, maybe I'll run into it.

It's for helping people locate long-lost favorite children's books, but I wonder if there might be something there that would point you in the right direction for the book you're looking for.

http://www.loganberrybooks.com

I thought I was a good book person, but wow, the ability to come up with these titles is mind blowing.