Menu

Would you accept a used above ground pool?

We're not in position to buy a new one but someone down the street has offered us their 28 foot above ground. I've also seen plenty on Craigslist. Would you purchase or accept a used pool? Any tips on specific questions to ask?

If you want one, absolutely. My next-door neighbor accepted a free above-ground pool from another neighbor. THey used it for years.

Just ask if it has any known leaks, and what type of filter it has. If it's older, it more than likely runs with a chlorine system....if I were you I'd look into converting to a salt-water pool instead. That should be a very simple change and worth every penny.

Have fun. We have an in-ground salt-water pool and love it.

Ria

A friend at church gave us their old above-ground pool. The liner had a tiny tear in it (she mentioned that before giving it to us) and we just fixed it with a liner repair kit we bought at WM. Anyway, it worked great for us. Not sure if I would spend money on a used one, but I'd certainly take a free one.