Menu

Kindle users Q

I was wondering if you purchased the extended warranty.

The reason I ask because the way it sounds online is that you only get an extra year..not an extra 2 yrs

Here is what it says

Protect your Kindle 2 for two full years -- Adds an additional year and more comprehensive protection than the one-year manufacturer's warranty, including coverage for accidental drops and damage (limited to one incident). This helps avoid the inconvenience and costs associated with a broken device. The warranty stays with the device even if it is gifted or sold to another party.

Edited by Gamom3

I didn't because I am pretty careful with things anyway. I did get a case and I bought a "spongy" lunch box bag at Staples to carry it in. I figure that will help more.

I read it the way you did, you only really get one more year. I figure it will be like Ipods and be replaced with "better" every few years anyway. Now, with the price tag on this baby, it doesn't necessarily mean I will be getting a new one anyway. Just saying....

I didn't either. I don't believe in buying extended warranties. We have fully funded emergency funds which would cover things...because it WOULD be an emergency if something happened to my Kindle! I just got it for my birthday 3 days ago and I LOVE it! It's so cool! I have a cover and a padded case for it also.