Menu

Anyone used R&S Patterns of Nature Science?

MrsMe

I had my oldest use this when she was in the Second Grade, I was having a new baby and dealing with a sick child so I needed something simple for me but thorough for her. She found it a little boring but she retained a lot and I didn't regret it.

So do the samples just show the only cute pages? Or is it all written. They had some tracks and a coloring page and a worksheet page. If it's mostly worksheets I'm not interested, but if it's a good mix, then I'd be interested.

I had it here but decided not to use it (just sold it last week). It is pretty workbook-y but there is a lot of good nature information. If you don't live up north then a few things might have to be modified. The teacher's manual has ideas for extra activities so you can add hands-on stuff.

We are going with Apologia instead. I am trying to combine my children for science so the graded workbook wasn't going to work for us.

I bought it for my dd6 to read and do if she felt like it. She has read all of the stories in the book and enjoyed them. I think all of the stories in the book are as good as the sample pages -- there are chapters on seends, wildflowers, birds, animals, etc., but I probably won't include it as "schoolwork" because I don't want to add any extra workbooks/writing for her to do.

Take care,

Suzanne

My dd wants to do it next year and I have the book. It has a lot of neat information and there are quite a few coloring in things. I think it will be nice for us to do once a week and supplement with the already real life nature studies we have going on with our garden and playgroup.:001_smile: