Menu

Anyone have a plan for combining Apologia Human Body w/ TTC dvd's?

I'm trying to go through the tables of contents for both, but I'm getting a tad bit confused. I was wondering if anyone has a ready-made or semi-ready-made plan that they've already done?

I've tried to search the archives, but either I'm doing it wrong or it just isn't there. I know I've seen it talked about on this forum before.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TejasMamacita

Just a heads up about the TTC lectures (which are fabulous, IMO). Because you are using Apologia I'm assuming you don't hold an evolutionary belief (perhaps I'm wrong). TTC Understanding the Human Body has a lot of evolutionary assumptions and assertions. My son used it after using Apologia Biology in order to add that Human Body component. It wasn't a problem for us because we've done a lot of creation vs. evolution study and we just overlooked a lot of it. But I know of some folks who have been unhappy with TTC because of that viewpoint.

I've used Dr. Goodman's Understanding the Human Body: An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology available through The Teaching Company to accompany the Apologia Human Anatomy text. This was a great supplement. It is very easy to find the lectures that match up with the system studied in the text (i.e. there are two lectures to accompany the Respiratory System, Module #14).

I agree with the word of caution offered by Cynthia regarding the occasional evolutionary remarks. It wasn't a problem for well-grounded upper level high school students.

I am looking for one too. I already bought the Chemistry from Teaching Company just because somebody posted their plan of use for TC with Apologia Chemistry.

Holly

I have a schedule saved, but I don't know who to give credit to as I didn't create this. I hope whoever made this will post so I can thank them!

Exploring Creation with Chemistry

Module 1: Measurement and Units

TC Lectures 1-6

Module 2: Energy, Heat, and Temperature

Module 3: Atoms and Molecules

Module 4: Classifying Matter and its Changes

Module 5: Counting Molecules and Atoms in Chemical Equations

Module 6: Stoichiometry (This is the longest and, perhaps, most difficult chapter.)

TC Lectures 7-16

Module 7: Atomic Structures

Module 8: Molecular Structure

Module 9: Polyatomic Ions and Molecular Geometry

Module 10: Acid/Base Chemistry

TC Lectures 27-29 (Acids and Bases)

TC Lectures 17-19 (Molarity)

Module 11: Chemistry of Solutions

TC Lecture 30 (Solubility)

Module 12: The Gas Phase

Module 13: Thermodynamics

Module 14: Kinetics