Menu

If you had the following history programs-which order would you do them?

Ann@thebeach

I currently have a 7 yr old DD and 10 yr old DS (and 4 yr old in the mix) that I was going to do AS1 or Biblioplan this year but got really sick this fall from an unexpected pregnancy and was not back to normal until late Jan. So we stuck to the 3Rs and lots of reading-mostly nature related.

I'm due in June and planning on sticking to the 3Rs until late summer when I hope to "kick things back up a notch." This fall the older 2 will be 8 yrs/2nd gr and 11yrs/5th gr.

I have these programs to pick from:

Winterpromise AS 1

Biblioplan 1600-1850

Winterpromise Sea and Sky (history and science) (I do have the young learners guide too)

I also have BF History of Science but I've decided to hold off on that until my DD is a little older so she can benefit.

My kids like reading/read-a-louds. My DD loves hands on craft stuff but DS will only tolerate a little-but he does like experiments. I see us doing a fraction of the hands on stuff in AS1 if I choose that one.

Which would you do in the fall and which the next year?

Whichever I chose will be the "core" for the year and some of our other copywork/reading will coordinate with it.

And for goodness sake-don't suggest another program-I can't handle the decision making stress or $$ :lol:

Thanks!

Which Biblioplan do you have?

Biblioplan seems so easy, with no worries about projects--unless you want to add them! Why not just read the core history assignments listed in the "Classtime" section and enjoy a read aloud together. For light hands-on you'll have mapwork and timeline.

Which Biblioplan do you have?

Biblioplan seems so easy, with no worries about projects--unless you want to add them! Why not just read the core history assignments listed in the "Classtime" section and enjoy a read aloud together. For light hands-on you'll have mapwork and timeline.

I have all the Biblioplan outlines but for this fall I was looking at the 1600-1850 for American History. I do have the old versions for all though, so I'm not sure what I'm missing from the new versions.

AS 1 will probably be too easy for your 11 yo, but you could pull some of the activities and websites from it, then

do Biblioplan, since it's the same time period as AS 1 (roughly) but is set in a world context.

I've heard WP Sea and Sky is a one year world history and science emphasis--I'd save it for a "gap" year.