Menu

Rainbow Science

April Showers

Can anyone give their opinion of this program for Jr. high level? I'm thinking of using this for daughter next year in 6th grade. I'm not sure. If I use it for the recommended two years, we would probably skip Apologia General Science and go straight into Apologia Physical. Can anyone tell me what we would be missing if we skip Apologia General?

Thanks

And ds has learned a great deal. The labs have been good, too!

Older dd did Apologia (general, physical, biology) but didn't enjoy it so we had her do Rainbow's chemistry and the labs for that were GREAT!

At first it took a bit to get used to the condensed text. The kids had to learn that nearly every word was important for them to know, unlike other texts that are wordy. So if they didn't 'get' a lesson I had to find another way to present it to them. That happened a few times in the year one physics section and chemistry section, but hasn't been an issue in year two. Maybe it was just us. g

We are finished Physics and doing Chemistry now. It is a good transition from the Mom-led science that we did for 1-5th grade because it wasn't a HUGE amount of reading and writing. The labs are fun and age appropriate and I haven't had to buy anything yet except for distilled water (at Target). I plan on skipping Apologia General and going right into Apologia Physical. HTH Angela