Menu

Starting a Charlotte Mason "trial period" today.

sunflowerlady

Since I am considering this approach for next school year, I decided to go ahead and start today. I am considering it a trial run to see how it works out, if dd and I like it, and see how dd responds in various ways. Not sure how long the trial run will be-maybe a couple of weeks or maybe couple of months.:confused:

One of my goals is to feel better about being flexible. I intend to be pretty relaxed. When using workbooks, I feel stressed out when things come up and we get "behind". I would like to feel that we can just pick up with what we are doing the next day and not worry about the lesson numbers or day numbers being "off".

Last week I found some books at our library's used book store. They sell library books they take out of circulation as well as books that people donate. I bought several books including some Eyewitness books about energy, music, plant life etc. Dd and I chose a couple of those books to start out with. My library also has "This Country of Ours" on audio CD's. I checked out the first volume and we will listen to it and see if we like it.

It was recommended on a couple of CM sites I visited.

Anyway, we will just be sort of trying out this approach and I will see if I can get a general routine or schedule figured out that works for us. Today would be a great day for nature study-it's sunny and warm outside. Probably won't get to that today , though.

Also, I am not trying to do everything. No grammar for now, no dictation, no art study. Just some basics to try to get acquainted with the method and how to practically apply it.

Rita