Menu

Homemade oreo cookies . . .recipe included.

The filling is still made of hydrogenated vegetable oil, which is probably the most health damaging "food" a person could fed ones family. I would not dream of feeding these to my child (or anyone else's).

Bill

Generally speaking I always use whole wheat and butter for whatever kind of flour or fat a baking recipe calls for. And the funny thing is everyone that eats my baking raves about it (and those same people would turn their noses up to ww flour).

I agree wholeheartedly about the hydrogenated fat. I definitely steer away from it.

I agree wholeheartedly about the hydrogenated fat. I definitely steer away from it.

:001_smile:

So how about that Spectrum shortening that says it is non-hydrogenated? Is that stuff OK? I use some mixed with butter for my favorite frosting.

This is one of those things where I still don't know what to believe. It used to be that main-stream nutritionist said "tropical oils" like palm and coconut were a "very bad" saturated fats. And many still do.

But others, and the Weston Price Foundation, are now advocating these fats as healthful. I'm perplexed.

Bill