Menu

Alternatives for Omnibus ?

but now we're using AO. I like the slower pace and the planned history book readings. I had originally planned to have my dd do the AO schedule but with TWTM techniques (outlining, annotate lit books, etc...) but that has not happened. She does write summaries and she is keeping a list of important people and events from the history readings. She is outlining her reading for Government (the speeches and documents, plus I have a gov't text that she is reading through.)

I like the book selections, and she has been happier with it as well. I do miss the written out discussion questions and the essay prompts, but I have been able to use Spark Notes to help me out.

HTH

Omnibus 2 covers roughly year 2 in the WTM - Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation, right?

That is the year we are doing now. We use several chapters from Western Civilization (Spielvogel), Teaching Co. Western Civ lectures on DVDs. Lightning Lit Medieval Lit and a bunch of extra books, some using Sparknotes, some just reading and discussing. We have read some that are included in Omnibus (like Beowulf, Confessions, On the Incarnation, Canterbury Tales, Gawain and the Green Knight, maybe more), but not all.

Would it help if I shared a list of all the books we are using?

Edited by Liza Q
typos!