Menu

I can't find anything that fits!!!

In the last 2 years my 13yo dd has gone from a girls size 14 to a ladies size 10 (in pants)! Her legs however are not long enough for the ladies sizes, and the juniors jeans that we have found are mostly low rise, and we do not like that. I thought she was "filling out" and getting ready to grow taller, but the taller part just hasen't happened yet. Does anyone have any idea where I can find pants for girls with "shorter" legs?

In the last 2 years my 13yo dd has gone from a girls size 14 to a ladies size 10 (in pants)! Her legs however are not long enough for the ladies sizes, and the juniors jeans that we have found are mostly low rise, and we do not like that. I thought she was "filling out" and getting ready to grow taller, but the taller part just hasen't happened yet. Does anyone have any idea where I can find pants for girls with "shorter" legs?

Have you looked at the "short" length in the misses/ladies section? My dd is the same way as yours and I am hoping that it is in preparation for a growth spurt. :)

Anyway, we have to buy her pants in the misses/ladies section and I try to get the "short" or "petite" length so her pants are not dragging on the ground.

They are not always easy to find (some stores have a better selection than others), but this would probably be your best bet.

I don't know if you're looking for "designer" jeans or just plain old jeans but......we had good luck in the lady's department at Wal Mart. We bought the petites so they're not too long and they fit my dd very well. She is exactly the way you describe your dd. Poor kid, as if she didn't have very muscular legs anyway, all the jeans seem to be low-rise and she will not wear them. Not that I'd let her, but she just hates how they feel.

Good luck!

jeannie