Menu

History Timelines * Which one do you use/study?

I use History Through the Ages. You can just Google Homeschool in the Woods for info on it. The images are beautiful and you have the option of using them either with or without text. It is also quite extensive. I have yet to find an event/character in history that wasn't included in these figures. We also use the Hold That Thought CD's with our timeline for notebooking purposes. Hope this helps.

Jennifer

We have made our own via MOH on a sewing board and are doing a book of time for our 2nd history cycle. If I were going to purchase one I would get the one made by Marcia Brim, at Brimwoodpress.com. It is far and away the best I have ever seen.

We make our own and my kids don't memorize it. We put a lot of stuff on their that the kids want to remember (such as when silk-making was discovered in China) that they don't actually need to memorize.

Tara

This is what we do, too. I view the timeline as a means for my son to make connections in history, not as something to memorize. He writes dates on it every week and I try to remember to ask him questions to help him make the connections.

He is starting to memorize selected short lists of dates/events this year, though, just to have "pegs" on which to hang history stories/events/people.