Menu

Celebrating 25th Anniversary!!!

We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniv. this month...even tho' I had dreams of revisiting Hawaii for this grand occasion-it's not going to happen...

So, due to our economy, I am trying to come up with something very frugal, but very memorable and FUN.

Anyone have creative ideas you'd like to share?? Anyone "been there, done that"?

I am married to the best of men and want to show him how much I adore and appreciate his faithfulness and love.:001_wub:

WHaaa! We are celebrating 25 years this Sept. also, and we are not going to Hawaii either. I hope that makes you feel better.

Would it be possible for you to get away for a night? If you can find a good B&B they usually include a wonderful breakfast with linen table cloths/napkins great food.

If not, then maybe you could parcel out your children for a night and celebrate at home. In that case, I think Pioneer Woman's Baked Fudge should be part of the celebration:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/02/sweets-for-your-sweetie-1-delicious-baked-fudge/

If you decided to celebrate with your children then maybe you could have sushi party. We made California rolls and spicy crab rolls for Valentine's Day, and they were delicious. I served with steamed edame and cold shrimp so it was a very simple meal. My children had a lot of fun making the sushi. Here are the directions:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/category/sushi/

Happy Anniversay!!

The B&B in Louisville sounds perfect. Two years ago we went away for a night to a B&B near our home. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was so nice to get away. The owner was so accomadating. She went over our food preferences for breakfast and made us the nicest meal. It was such a treat.

I'm not sure what we are doing for our anniversay this year. I was hoping we could get away for the weekend. However, my dh just told me that he is taking me away next weekend for my 50th birthday so that may be the end of our travel budget for the year. LOL! Maybe we can go out to a nice dinner. We rarely eat out so that would be a great way to celebrate.

I hope you have a great anniversary. Congratulations!