Menu

What's After Step-by-Step Grammar

nitascool

My 5th gr dd will be finishing this program this year. We have loved it. It's funny you ask this question, because I was wondering the same thing. I called the author, Angela Ankers, this past week and talked to her. I'll pass on what she told me.

She now carries a product called Got Grammar for Grades 6-12. You can check samples at Amazon. She stated that this would carry you through HS grammar topics (e.g. participles, all the various types of clauses, etc.) It's not a curriculum but more self-instructional worksheets that you copy. As far as curriculum, she recommends R&S. She has not used it for younger grades, but rather older grades (maybe 8+). In fact, she recommended that I definitely have my dc cover R&S 9-10--she was using them with her dc and was impressed by the way argumentative essays & speech were covered.

FWIW, I plan to start my dd in R&S 6 next year. The only other program I've considered was Analytical Grammar, which I may still consider once I've looked at it at our homeschool conv.

HTH,

Jennifer

Edited by Jen the RD