Menu

Can I use Hillside's PLL if I'm not Catholic?

Angel

I was all set to order Hillside's version of PLL. I like that there is some color and that the binding is spiral. I read on another board that they changed a few things to reflect a more Catholic view. Is this something as a conservative Baptist that I need to worry about:001_smile:? Is it really a lot or just here and there? I'm not opposed to here and there, but if it's a lot I guess I'll go with the regular version. Older dd uses Henle but she's more grounded.

Thanks so much!!

I can only say it appears catholic if you are used to non-catholic and LOOKING for something catholic - did that make sense?

I much prefer it to the original edition by Serl, which I thought was rather tiny in print and bland, although I love that it's hardback.

I'll note any religious reference and you can decide for yourself if it's Catholic or just christian.

Lesson 91 has a WWII poem about Joan of Arc by Lizette Reese and famous painting of her on the opposite page by Jean Ingres.

Lesson 114 Immaculate Heart of Mary poem to be memorized by Fr. Faber

(Catholics are not he only ones who might appreciate this one, but they are the most identifiable with it.)

Lesson 124 the Tower of Babel story taken from 1903 version of Wee Ones Bible Stories I read nothing in it specificly Catholic in nature.

Lesson 125 Poem study called Who Made the Stars by anon.

Lesson 134 - reproduction story - St. George the martyr by M. Davidson

Lesson 155 Conversation lesson has a quote from St. Dominic Savio, which is not specificly catholic in nature, but about devotion to God.

that's the only religious references of any kind in the entire book.:)