Menu

Question about IEW...where can we jump in?

kailuamom

OK, I am so confused with all of the products at IEW! I have an 11yo dd who is a pretty strong writer. She just needs more practice, more complex writing. Do I need to purchase the TWS&S dvds and such, or can I just get the SWI materials? What is the difference between the dvds in the TWS&S and those that come with the SWI? Also, is it possible to just do the theme-based history programs without having done any previous IEW instruction? I am a fairly strong writer, so I think I have a pretty good grasp on what she needs to do (of course, I always worry that I am missing something...isn't that always the case?).

Anyway, any info would be appreciated. As we all are these days, I am trying to stretch my dollar as far as it will go, and it adds up quickly at IEW. I am just curious if we can jump in a bit down the line and not start from the beginning.

Thanks!

TWSS is to be viewed by the parent and it teaches them how to teach IEW to their kids. SWI is to be viewed by the student and it teaches them. So its up to you on which route you would prefer to go.

I would definately start at the beginning, since IEW takes a very different aspect on writing.

I think you can start with the theme-based lessons and do fine. If you decide to go this route, then for your first IEW purchase, I would recommend that you get one of the packages that includes the downloadable ebook Student Resource Notebook. This gives you a manual/reference to the whole 9-unit program. After that, assuming you like IEW, you can probably just get the student workbooks for the remaining theme-based lessons as you progress through them.