Menu

Serious vision problems.

I just got new glasses in September. I have always been extremely nearsighted. Since Sept. my left eye has gone from a -8.00 to a -10.00.:eek: I kept thinking my glasses were dirty no matter how well I would clean them. I also found myself reading with my left eye closed.

I went to the optometrist and rush ordered a new pair of glasses. I have an appointment with an opthamologist for Thursday for a thorough check (glaucoma, retina, etc.).

I got blood drawn today (fasting glucose) and AIC - both came back normal so it is not diabetes.

Is there anything else I am missing that I need to find out about?

The two things I thought of are glaucoma and diabetes, sounds like you are being checked for those.

I used to have a -10 prescription, prior to lasik. But it took me over 25 years to get there, not just a couple months!

Hope it is something simple. Keep us posted!

Michelle T

Thanks, Michelle --

My plan, if there is no creepy underlying cause for all this, is to get lasik at some point, maybe this summer. I would still have to wear glasses probably but they could probably correct me to 250/250 which would enable me to read without glasses and use thin lenses for distance.

Now I'm on pins and needles until Thursday but I should have some answers then.

Thanks, Michelle --

My plan, if there is no creepy underlying cause for all this, is to get lasik at some point, maybe this summer. I would still have to wear glasses probably but they could probably correct me to 250/250 which would enable me to read without glasses and use thin lenses for distance.

Now I'm on pins and needles until Thursday but I should have some answers then.

Dana, please let us know what's up when you get your results. I have -8.50 and -7.75, but it's been a slow, steady progression since I was 7 years old. At my last exam, my eye doc warned me about the sudden changes, just like you described. Maybe I'm just really fussy about my glasses, but I, too, sometimes think I can't clean my glasses enough. However, I think I'm still seeing okay. I hope everything turns out okay.