Menu

Posing a happy little question about flu...

You see, I feel as if I'm a bit quagmired in negativity here lately. So, I made myself a pseudo pact to think positive, look on the bright side, don'tworrybehappy.

So, I'm just WONdering happy016.gif if someone could tell me when I might have my happy body back? Approximately how long will I need to work on happy018.gif ignoring the fact that my eyeballs aren't operating in normal fashion (they kind of feel like they're too big for their sockets), happy064.gifand the fact that my skin is too sensitive, or that nagging feeling that aliens swapped out my body for that of an 100 year old several nights ago. happy082.gif You know. Just for clarification. Not complaining or anything.

Doran

It took him a full 2 weeks to get back to 100%, but that he felt like the worst was over after about five days. The next nine were just battling the cough and occasional congestion, but we found a remedy that (for him), worked like a charm and kept him from missing any work. That's right, he did not miss one day of work over this flu.

He took Rite Aid's brand of Dayquil and Nyquil for two weeks, and that kept him going. It's working ok for me, but not as well as it did for him.

I'm totally with you on the too sensitive skin and the feeling like a 100 yr. old thing. I can feel my meds. wearing off, and my skin is starting to crawl and my joints are hurting again. Time to get off here.

Well I guess I should put in a shameless plug for amantidine then. That's what I took. I got a bad cough on a Tuesday but other than that felt fine. Wednesday morning started feeling bad but had a neg. flu test. Thursday night felt like death popped positive on the flu test and started the amantidine that night. I took it easy till Sunday improving a bit everyday and was back at work by Monday. So I guess there is some benefit to going to the dr. and taking the flu meds.

THANK GOD!!!!! I really felt horrible. . .I posted a couple weeks ago, that I have never been that sick before and never want to be again.

shell

She said that since most parents wait until their child has had fever for 24 hrs. (which is what the Drs. tell you to do), by the time they are diagnosed with the flu, it is too late for the meds. to make any difference. They did give my dc some rx decongestants/cough meds., and that seems to help a lot.

Right there with ya! :)

Today is day 7 for me, and I feel a whole lot better. I'm still pretty exhausted, and I occasionally double over in a really long, damp, disgusting coughing fit, but it's such an improvement! lol...

I'm a little worried about relapse, but I'm hopeful.

I'm taking MucinexD (time-release guaifenesin or however you spell that as an expectorant and real pseudoephedrine as a decongestant), and that helps. I may well need to add in a cough suppresant too at some point -- you know, just in case I don't want to actually cough one of my lungs *out* of my body... I mean, that just sounds like it could make my day more difficult... ;)

I was there too with the coughing abbey. . .When I went to the dr. that Thursday night and she said "Take a deep breath" I told her I couldn't b/c I would start coughing and it would make my throat, diaphragm (my spelling stinks), rib cage, lungs and sides hurt. . .not to mention I had pretty much lost control of my bladder when I would cough and I had just used my emergency pad. I told her I would breath deep on one condition. . .that she give me some atuss of something like that so that I could stop coughing. She agreed and I slept well that night.

Horrid I tell ya!!!!

I'm on day five. :( I was fooled into believing I would handle this as well as my youngest. She is still coughing ten days out but only felt really bad for a few days. Wahhhhhhh... I do have to be grateful that the battery-acid sore throat is better, but this cough is the worst one I have had in over a decade. Of course, my oldest came home from rehearsal with a scratchy throat and cough. Looks as if we have a long couple weeks ahead.