Menu

FLL 1/2 vs FLL 3

Pensguys

Hi Penny! Have you thought about Shurley? Didn't somebody ages ago recommend that to you for your ds? In any event, FLL 1/2 to Shurley is a great transition. We're still plugging through SG4, which I do using just the practice booklet with the sentences. We parse the 2 or 3 sentences for the day and then she diagrams 1 on the whiteboard. It's quick, utterly painless, and has so much repetition she feels like a grammar genius. :)

How does FLL 3 compare in regards to FLL1/2 in terms of repetition? We NEED the repetition and FLL1/2 has been great for my younger ds this year (we've done both years of FLL 1/2 in 1 year). Is there the same amount of repetition?

Maybe not quite as much, but there is still a lot of it. And the built in review includes repetition, too. Repeating definitions, repeating verb and preposition lists, etc.

HTH.

Yes, they do review and repeat in FLL3, a little too much for dd's needs. They also add diagrams. We've enjoyed FLL greatly but dd needs something more challenging at this point. Dd has a strong foundation and is flying through lessons now. The only thing about FLL3 that I do not like is that at this point, I wish they would go deeper into the understanding of the poems. Memorization and a few comprehension questions isn't enough. We will be moving on to MCT in the fall. For a student who needs the repetition, I highly recommend FLL3.

OhE, I really don't think that Shurley will meet Jake's needs. You can't compare a child who has no learning issues to a child who needs the overabundance of repetition....moreso verbal repetition.

Violin, thanks so much. That is what I needed to know about this program.