Menu

Homeschool in the Woods colonial study

HollyDay

Well we have the Explorers and really like this. Like you I'm not to into programs where I have to print out stuff. But this program is well worth it.

They offer a lot of activities to do and you can pick and chose if you want. I have a friend who did all of it with her children. I haven't encountered any issues yet with not being able to find anything. Most stuff you can find at Walmart or a craft store. Sometimes even around your house.

How old are your kids?

We did Colonial Life and The American Revolution with an 8 yo and a 6 yo. That's really on the young side for these CDs. I think they are fantastic and I'm keeping them for our next cycle through because we will really be able to get a lot more out of them then. This time through we chose our activities carefully and assembled lapbooks. The Colonial Life activities seemed better for my young kids. I end up doing a lot of assembly. But my kids do enjoy it and love the end product (their lapbooks). Yes, you need to print a lot of stuff. But everything is so beautifully done--really amazing quality.

We did the Explorers and the Colonial Life study earlier this year and really had a blast with it! There are enough activities that you could make it last quite a bit longer than the recommended 5 weeks if you wanted to. I used these programs with my 4 children ages 12, 11, 8, and 6. For the explorers study, each one made their own lapbook. But for the Colonial study, I divided up the activities between them and we created one lapbook that had parts made by all my children. I would recommend this program to anyone. It is a great program and well worth the money!

Katie :0)