Menu

Peanut butter article....

Are these your comments?

"Once they find it in one major brand it is found in others,†she said. “Just like in the melamine contamination, we were told it was only in a few products but then more and more came up.â€

Hurst, 31, said she is frustrated that there is no real way for consumers to trace the origins of their food.

“We are blind consumers who trust and rely on the government and manufacturers, and they are abusing that trust and putting the health of consumers in jeopardy,†she said.

Very well-stated and articulate. Only slightly tin-hattish :tongue_smilie:

Are these your comments?

"Once they find it in one major brand it is found in others,†she said. “Just like in the melamine contamination, we were told it was only in a few products but then more and more came up.â€

Hurst, 31, said she is frustrated that there is no real way for consumers to trace the origins of their food.

“We are blind consumers who trust and rely on the government and manufacturers, and they are abusing that trust and putting the health of consumers in jeopardy,†she said.

Very well-stated and articulate. Only slightly tin-hattish :tongue_smilie:

LOl. Yes, those were mine. Thanks! You know, after I read it I thought, Wow I sound a little nutty.

We are trying to move toward a more self-sufficient lifestyle. We are going to grow enough in our garden this year to put food away for a year. We have goats for milk and chickens for eggs/meat. At this point I feel like the more we can make/grow the better. Not only b/c of the constant outbreaks but also to control the quality of our food.