Menu

Clear Play DVD Players

We just bought one and are having trouble getting the filters onto the player.

When we plug it into the Dvd player it doesn't seem to load.

Not sure what we are doing wrong.

I called and a guy helped me load the movies onto the stick so that's not a problem. The problem is when we put a movie in it says the filter is not on the player.

What are we doing wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks

We just bought one and are having trouble getting the filters onto the player.

When we plug it into the Dvd player it doesn't seem to load.

Not sure what we are doing wrong.

I called and a guy helped me load the movies onto the stick so that's not a problem. The problem is when we put a movie in it says the filter is not on the player.

What are we doing wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Well, lol, I just tonight had the same problem! For me, it turned out to be my ClearPlay DVD player. Honestly, the players are garbage, but I love the filtering *so much* that it's worth it to me to fuss with crummy dvd players. Plus, Clearplay customer service is so excellent that if you call them and tell them your troubles, they will either fix the problem with you on the phone, or send you a new player at no charge. Really. They've done it multiple times for me already.

I'm sorry it's not working for you right now, though, it really stinks to have a movie to watch and have the filtering not work.

Is this for filtering bad words? My parents have one that they love...like a Guardian or something.

:-)

Clearplay is a dvd player only (not for tv), that uses filters downloaded from their website to edit out all kinds of things, not just bad language. There are many different categories that you can block including: blasphemy, crudeness, sexual situations, immodest dress, violence, bloodshed, substance abuse, disrespect of parents, disrespect of the flag, and lots more. For each category you can set it at no filtering, least filtering, med filtering, etc. It doesn't do anything to the physical dvd itself, so it works great with Netflix.

With the Clearplay, most of the time the filtering is so seamless that we never knew anything was missing. I've watched some movies with my kids during family night, then watched them on my own later and was astonished at the garbage we never even knew was there during our Clearplay viewing. It's amazing.