Menu

Valentine date ideas

Dh and I have been married for 19 years and we are going on a date tonight. Any ideas. We have hardly gone on any since the kids were born starting 14 years ago. We have recently begun to go on a couple of dates. Movie, dinner and last time we went to Lowe's to buy supplies but he ended up on the phone with a case a lot. I would really like to do something fun, romantic. He is a great guy, but we have gotten old and boring! Any ideas?

Mara

Dh and I have been married for 19 years and we are going on a date tonight. Any ideas. We have hardly gone on any since the kids were born starting 14 years ago. We have recently begun to go on a couple of dates. Movie, dinner and last time we went to Lowe's to buy supplies but he ended up on the phone with a case a lot. I would really like to do something fun, romantic. He is a great guy, but we have gotten old and boring! Any ideas?

Mara

Here's a few ideas.

Do you have an ice skating rink by you? Paint ball? bowling? indoor rock climbing? Is it warm enough by you and do you have a go kart place? Are there any place near by offering live music for valentines? Do you have a place like Dave and Busters?

Edited by lynn

He took me to dinner at the local mall and skipped out near the end of the meal. He made an excuse to go to the men's room. While he was gone, the waiter brought me a card. Enclosed was a note to go to Victoria's Secret and ask for so and so. So I walk to VS and find so and so and she brings me a box (pjs, well kinda...) and another card. Enclosed in the card was a hotel key:001_smile:

Well, you get the idea...

Here's a few ideas.

Do you have an ice skating rink by you? Paint ball? bowling? indoor rock climbing? Is it warm enough by you and do you have a go kart place? Are there any place near by offering live music for valentines? Do you have a place like Dave and Busters?

No ice skating or indoor rock climbing and the local bowling alley allows smoking:tongue_smilie: Maybe go kart. I have no idea if they are open and they are in the neighboring town. Live music would have to be Christian... MMM.. there is putt putt...maybe that is an idea even though I'm awful. Kids might be mad that they didn't get to go. We live in a teeny tiny town with a little bigger town nearby. WE would have all of those things if we drove 2 1/2 hours, but that is a little far.

Is it warm enough for a picnic of some sort? Maybe even a winter themed one with hot chocolate and hot soup and bread. Go to a park or a lake and enjoy the scenery.

We do a Saturday at the antique mall from time to time. A nice lunch or dinner is part of the plan.

Is there a concert or play in town? A sporting event can be lots of fun if you aren't juggling kiddoes. Dh and I go to a lot of baseball games together. Sharing hot dogs and garlic fries is a romantic outing. :D

Our most romantic times are when we get away for a night or two...bed and breakfasts are wonderful.