Menu

Startwrite?? Does it have both, HWT and New American Cursive?

daisychics

Yes it has both :D

ETA- I just played with it and while it has NAC it doesn't automatically connect the letters. I don't know if I need to change a setting or if this is just how it is. I have never had this issue with the HWT font. The Palmer cursive has the same issue but the others (standard, simple, modern and italic cursives) don't. Strange!

Yay! That settles it then.... onward! :tongue_smilie:

Thank you, I hope you figure it out and let me know :D, I'm not ordering yet, trying to add up to $150 for free shipping.

Yay! That settles it then.... onward! :tongue_smilie:

Thank you, I hope you figure it out and let me know :D, I'm not ordering yet, trying to add up to $150 for free shipping.

You might want to call Rainbow Resource and find out for sure if it has NAC. Mine doesn't (I ordered about a month before NAC came out). I have to pay $20 for an upgrade to get the font from NAC's website. You can order StartWrite from NAC's website and get a complete StartWrite cd that includes NAC and other fonts, but I don't know that this is the standard cd sold by StartWrite with NAC included. On StartWrite's website it says nothing about having NAC included.

Anyway, the point of the ramblings is that you might want to call places to make sure you're getting the fonts you want :001_smile:.

You might want to call Rainbow Resource and find out for sure if it has NAC. Mine doesn't (I ordered about a month before NAC came out). I have to pay $20 for an upgrade to get the font from NAC's website. You can order StartWrite from NAC's website and get a complete StartWrite cd that includes NAC and other fonts, but I don't know that this is the standard cd sold by StartWrite with NAC included. On StartWrite's website it says nothing about having NAC included.

Anyway, the point of the ramblings is that you might want to call places to make sure you're getting the fonts you want :001_smile:.

:D Thanks, appreciate it!

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

Don't make the same mistake I did. If you want New American Cursive, order it from their website http://www.newamericancursive.com/ and not from StartWrite, because they don't have the font. According to StartWrite's email to me, Memoria Press "purchased the right to use StartWrite with their font" but StartWrite can't sell it. =( NOw I have to try and "return" StartWrite so I can buy the NAC.

-----------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

I'm trying to contact the company regarding New American Cursive; it is apparently not on the program I just downloaded yesterday. Hopefully will find out soon :) since this is why I purchased StartWrite in download form.

j.

Edited by jenberly
Updated issue

I'm trying to contact the company regarding New American Cursive; it is apparently not on the program I just downloaded yesterday. Hopefully will find out soon :) since this is why I purchased StartWrite in download form.

j.

Is New American Cursive different from Modern Cursive???

fwiw -I really like the Modern Cursive.