Menu

Ebay shoppers, WWYD

I purchased a Navy Blue album cover that the seller listed as a Creative Memories Album. It arrived today. It is not a CM album.

She is a pretty new seller. I have emailed her and asked for a refund. Standard arguement is you pay to ship the item back and they will refund money. I have BTDT before. Yes, I can use the item, but I paid way more than I would have had I known it was not a CM album. Settle for partial refund and use it anyway?? File a complaint with Paypal?? I have never done that. There was not charge for shipping, so the refund would be what I paid for the album. Leave her negative feedback and move on?

What you did. I'd email, and ask for a refund. You shouldn't even have to pay to ship it back to her. It was not advertised correctly. It could've been an honest mistake. So, I'd give her a chance to make it right. Put the ball in her court, and see what she suggests. If she suggests you pay for shipping to return it, I'd respond by asking her to refund that amount as well, because it was falsely advertised.

If she won't answer your emails, and you paid with paypal, then go file a claim there. But, I'd give her a chance to respond first.

If she says she'll refund your Paypal what you paid, plus whatever it costs you to ship it back, then I wouldn't leave bad feedback. It could've just been a mistake.

Thanks for the reply.

Why yes, of course, I wouldn't leave a negative feedback if she offeres full re fund and pays my shipping back. I was really just wondering how you all have handled shipping items back. Since it was falsely advertised, the mistake is not mine, but yes, it could have been an honest mistake. I readily accept that idea, I just don't want to pay for it. Her Ad also clearly says no refunds, But does falsely advertised over rule that in Paypal's eyes??

Yes. One of the ways to do a claim, is Item was not as described, or something like that. But, Paypal will get your refund. I don't know about the return shipping, you might go look around on Paypal's site. It just seems to me, that you shouldn't be out a dime, since you wouldn't have bought it, had it been accurately described.