Menu

2/10 exercise thread

Way to go, Jennifer!

I did lower body weight training today and cardio:

eliptical, 30 minutes, 140 avg heart rate, 270 calories burned, 2.5 miles.

Glad the weather is warming up in MI. Someone at the health club mentioned we are getting a storm with tornado warning tonight. Ugh!

Have a great day!

You're having some temperature swings there, Jennifer! We had a dusting of snow this morning; I'm hoping it won't be slick when I head out this afternoon. Only a short run, though ~ 4 miles. Yesterday was short, too, but it included a mile of hill repeats, and you know how I hate hills. Meh!

I'm trying to decide what to do this Saturday. I should be doing a long (at least 15 mile) run. I've not put in that kind of mileage for a few weeks now, so I feel like it's important to stick to my plan. Otoh, there's a 5K I always like to do with my guys. My 9 and 6 year olds in particular want to run it. My dh will be there, so I thought about just running the race (not at top speed!) and then going on to complete my long run. I hate to skip seeing my guys cross the finish line, though. I won't have time for a long run this week or on Sunday, so Saturday's really my only option.

See, this is why long runs are a pain in the bee-hind. They really do get in the way of life!:tongue_smilie:

I did my 3 miles today. It's 66 right now, so I ran in shorts and a tshirt! I think I may have done my fastest time, but I can't be sure. I spotted a loose dog running around in the 2nd to last cul-de-sac so I turned around and added what I judged to be the same distance to the end of my route.

I've been very sore the last week or two, but I think I'm running faster, so maybe that's the reason for it. At least I hope it is. I was really hoping that after almost 4 months of jogging I would be used to it! ;)

My 5K is on Saturday and there's a 40% chance of rain. I may have to go find some sort of waterproof jacket to wear.

Jennifer - can't belive that crazy weather you're having in Michigan! Be careful on the black ice!

Ferdie - sounds like a great workout! Watch out of the tornadoes!

Colleen - I can't wait until I can say 4 miles is a short run for me! :) I hope you figure out what to do on Saturday. I like your idea of running the 5K with your boys! You could all cross the finish line together! Then you could run the rest of your miles later, is that what you were thinking of doing? Be careful today with weather too!

I think all of you need to move to Georgia... nice weather, and we could run together! The hills are a pain though! ;)