Menu

Thoughts on Imitation in Writing/Writing Trails

Homeschooling6

I'm looking for a writing curriculum for my 5th grade ds. He is currently using Writing Tales 2 and I am looking into Imitation in Writing for next year.

Any pro's, con's you would like to share. I'm a little confused about their program. They also have something called Writing Trails. Is this different from the Aesop's or Fairy Tales writing programs that they have?

I was also thinking of Writing Trails With Men of Science, since he likes science so much.

Other programs I'm considering are Igniting Your Writing or Writing Strands so I'm still undecided:glare:

Thanks,

I like Imitations a lot. I love how very user-friendly they are -- you really can grab-and-go as a teacher -- but also how very step-by-step they are for kids. I've only *looked* at Writing Tales, but from what I saw, I believe Imitations to be much more rigorous and thorough.

The Writing Trails material tends to be briefer. They're good for practicing little reports on topics within a given subject. But they're not as complete as the main Imitations assignments. Still, very good, and we've only use the American History one, so some of the others may have longer, more challenging assignments.

I believe there are samples for each book available at the Logos website, and they really do give you a pretty accurate feel for the way the whole book works.