Menu

The maps in TOG year 1

bethben

Atlas of Ancient Worlds

I have this one on my "wishlist" ... I like DK and with the CD-ROM, I thought it would work well. I know it doesn't help you right now as it is not published yet, but thought I'd put it out there. :)

World Atlas of the Past: The Ancient World Volume 1: Earliest Times to 1 BC

I've been looking at this one too, but just haven't take the plunge on an atlas yet (my dc are young, so there is no rush yet :D).

I really wish I could see actual maps on the "look inside" feature on Amazon. But I guess they probably do not include them because they don't want them stolen.

I will watch this thread to see everyone else's suggestions. :lurk5:

I've also been wishing for an atlas like you describe. I think Tapestry recommends a book called Concise Atlas of World History. It costs $30 at Amazon, though, and I am hesitant to buy it without being Sure that it will have most of the places that the maps for Lower & Upper Grammar ask for and also be simple enough for an elementary age child to use.

I have a book called Atlas of World History which has, so far, had most of the locations we needed (we are only to week 15 of Yr 1 Redesign), but the maps are very detailed and not easy at all for my ds, age 10, to find things on. I have also found the Holman Bible Atlas useful for weeks where the Bible is the history focus.