Menu

Calmax anyone??

I use Natural Calm, a powdered magnesium supplement that you mix with warm water. They also make a version that also includes calcium, but I haven't tried it. I checked the ingredients of Calmax and it includes melatonin. Personally, I wouldn't want to start with something containing melatonin if just plain magnesium will work.

(Does your dh snore, by any chance? If he does, he might want to talk to his doctor about the possibility of sleep apnea. That would make it hard to get restful sleep at night and cause a lot of daytime drowsiness too.)

I use Natural Calm, a powdered magnesium supplement that you mix with warm water. They also make a version that also includes calcium, but I haven't tried it. I checked the ingredients of Calmax and it includes melatonin. Personally, I wouldn't want to start with something containing melatonin if just plain magnesium will work.

(Does your dh snore, by any chance? If he does, he might want to talk to his doctor about the possibility of sleep apnea. That would make it hard to get restful sleep at night and cause a lot of daytime drowsiness too.)

No snoring... he just can't seem to shut off his brain. Where do you get Natural Calm?

No snoring... he just can't seem to shut off his brain. Where do you get Natural Calm?

I buy the lemon raspberry flavor at Whole Foods. The store I shop at had sample packets for sale so I was able to try it before buying the big container. I've also seen it at health food stores. (You have to be careful with the amount you start out with to see how your system tolerates it...too much magnesium has a laxative effect. And people with very low blood pressure might not do well with a mag. supplement either.)